Thursday, July 07, 2005

London bombings

The police casualty number is 0870 1566344 (+44 870 1566344 for intl), although police request that you try calling any friends or family members you're concerned about first.

I am safe and well as are everyone I know and I’m in contact with.

I’ve now been in Manhattan over 9/11, a beach (Ao Nang) in Thailand about 30 minutes before the tsunami, and in Lima around about some riots as well as close misses, which I’ll save for another time.

I still believe one must live life and I’ll be going about my “normal” life. I think in terms of a successful theatrical response to “terror”, it might take time before we can put what’s happening now and our emotional response in perspective. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t stop trying but it won’t be surprising if many of the plays attempting to discuss “terror” will miss the mark. Then again for the ones which hit it, which tap into what we as humans are feeling from it… that would be a Great Play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home