Friday, May 20, 2005

Osama, the Hero

I went to see Osama, The Hero at the Hampstead. There’s an interview with the playwright, Dennis Kelly, which is worth reading. Generally the Hampstead has not be showing plays that have not interested me. This play was good challenging and intriguing in both form, style, content and language,

I thought the actor who played Gary, Tom Brooke, was excellent, in particular. I’m going to reserve judgement on the directing. I think the directing could probably have helped the play more, but didn’t.

The writing itself was very good and I recommend the play for its examination of people living in a society of suspicion where “You don’t need evidence for terrorists”.

Billington at the Guardian gave it a fairly good review.

http://www.hampsteadtheatre.com/productions/Bodie_Kelly_interview.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home